Sunday, April 24, 2011

Finding A Family For Gregory

This is my first post, my first fundraiser but not the first time I have been moved by the beautiful eyes of a child. If you have children you know the amazing wonder that takes over when you meet eyes with your child in the minutes after they have been born. I remember exactly how both of my daughters looked the first time I took them in my arms. The world stopped...and all I could see was their face and the rush of love that came over me. This is exactly what it felt like when I laid eyes on "Gregory."

It's hard to imagine how that could happen with just a picture, but it did. In my heart I know that I have to do everything in my power to help him find a family. I need to know that he will be safe and happy. This need inside of me has driven me to reach out to my family, friends and strangers to help advocate for him, raise money for his adoption, find him a family, and bring to light the atrocities and amazing hope that international special-needs orphans have. This blog will be dedicated to all of these things and I hope that your heart and resources will help our Gregory find his forever family.

No comments:

Post a Comment